The BFS: Our weekly update for what’s happening in Belfast.
GREASE, Grand Opera House
- The one that you want is back at the Grand Opera House!
- The world’s best-loved musical is back, in a sensational new production choreographed by Strictly Come Dancing’s Arlene Phillips!
- Tuesday 26 - Saturday 31 Oct
- Tickets from www.goh.co.uk
Dreamboys are returning to Belfast
- A brand-new tour, Too Hard To Resist
- Waterfront Hall on 30 October 2021.
- Tickets available at www.waterfront.co.uk/what-s-on/the-dreamboys-1/
Ulster Orchestra - Rustioni conducts From Russia to Hollywood
- Ulster Orchestra's Chief Conductor, Daniele Rustioni, is bringing the sounds of Russia and Hollywood to the Ulster Hall on 29 October 2021.
- More details at waterfront.co.uk/what-s-on/from-russia-to-hollywood/
Paddy Raff - Me, Myself & Nigel
- Final performance in a 4 show run at SSE ARENA, Belfast.
- Fri 29 Oct 2021
- Tickets through our affiliate link at http://bit.ly/paddyraff21
Banana Block at Portview Trade Centre
- We know you love something new…. So you’ll love this bananas concept! Banana Block is a new living museum, events and commercial space in East Belfast.
- Enjoy the Banana circle surrounded by food traders, a record shop, plant pop ups, a museum and galleries.
- The ‘Banana Block’ opening celebrations will take place over this coming weekend with the Hallowe’en Weekender, which includes an East Bloc Bazaar on Saturday October 30 from 9am to 5pm, with a ‘Top Banana’ fancy dress parade throughout the day as well as a Big Hallowe’en Party for adults on Saturday evening from 10pm to 2am.
W5 Reimagined- Opening on Monday 25th October
- After 20 years as one of Northern Ireland’s favourite family destinations, W5 has been completely reimagined following a major £5million investment.
- Two reimagined exhibit floors will excite and inspire, with eight world-class new interactive zones packed with over 250+ hands-on exhibits and experiences covering everything from climate change and nature to film and TV production, optical illusions, built engineering, medical science and much, much more.
SoundYard has officially opened to the public.
- A spectacular new sculpture for the Maritime Mile
- The design and sound, activated by motion sensors, were inspired by the noise of striking metal once heard from the old shipyards.
- Throughout the year SoundYard, along with other key heritage sites on the Maritime Mile, will illuminate the waterfront.
- You can find it just behind SSE Arena.
Dark Hedges International Film Festival
- Running in Belfast from the 25-31 October
- This year’s programme includes screenings of Danielle Kummer and Lucy Harvey’s documentary Alien on Stage, along with screenings of cult classics like Jennifer’s Body, Blade, Frankenstein (90th Anniversary) and a Halloween double-bill screening of An American Werewolf in London & The Howling
- More info at www.dhiff.com
Halloween in Belfast
Check out our guide to Halloween in a separate feature here.
Belfast International Arts Festival
This fantastic festival continues through until tSunday 7 November 2021.
This week’s highlights:
- Big Telly Theatre Company present the Department Story. This new production created for both in-person and digital audiences by Big Telly Theatre’s Artistic Director Zoe Seaton and interdisciplinary artist Jack Hardiker runs from 20 – 31 October 2021
- Quirky Walking Tour of Belfast. Discover the hidden ‘quirky’ gems that you may have walked past many times but never really noticed.There are 2 more walking tours to take place on 30 Oct and 2 Nov.
- Check out the festival website here for EVERYTHING https://belfastinternationalartsfestival.com