It’s the spookiest time of the year and you’ll maybe want to get out and have some ghostly family fun, or maybe you’ll want to scare the bejaysus outta yourself. Our guide to Halloween in Belfast should help you with a decision on what to do.
Join the Belfast City Centre Halloween Hunt
- The Belfast One Halloween Hunt runs from 21st- 31st October
- This free, family friendly trail will take kids and adults safely around the city centre collecting clues to complete a quiz and the chance of winning a £100 Belfast City Centre Gift Card.
- The hour long trail will take participants to a range of 10 city centre shops.
- To take part in the Belfast City Centre Halloween Hunt visit www.belfastone.co.uk for trail and competition entry details
Get Spooked at the CastleCourt Pop-Up Halloween Cinema this October!
- Customers can visit our spooktacular Halloween cinema on the Friday 29th and Saturday 30th October, to view a range of family favourites from Casper, Hocus Pocus, Cruella and The Addams Family. Kids and adults welcome!
- All tickets are £1 and include a popcorn and a Del Piero’s spooky slushie.
- To book your tickets and view film times, visit www.castlecourtcinema.com
Ghosts of Belfast: Night Walk
- Join the world’s biggest ghost hunt and visit the most haunted places in town, hand-picked to deliver your worst nightmare.
- Learn the terrifying true stories behind places you’ve never noticed and be gobsmacked by the true histories of places you see and visit every day.
- All this while solving bespoke puzzles, riddles and cryptic codes that will test your nerves and wits at every step.
- More details at https://questoapp.com/events/ghosts-of-belfast-night-walk
Celebrate Halloween with Cinemagic at the Ulster Museum
- Enjoy this Fancy Dress Screening of Disney Pixar's Coco.
- Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
- Fancy Dress (Optional) – Prizes for best costumes.
- Book now https://www.wegottickets.com/event/525246
FÉILE Halloween Fireworks Display and parade
- Friday 29th October at 6pm
- Assemble Kennedy Centre Car Park
- 7pm Parade departs for Falls Park for massive Fireworks Display
- More at https://www.facebook.com/101499620527/posts/10159232356750528/?d=n
Eastside Halloween Carnival
- Join Eastside this Halloween for a carnival-style parade along the Newtownards Road
- On Saturday 30th October at 6pm, Beat Carnival in partnership with local community groups will lead a vibrant procession full of light, sound and performance and including local dance troupe Ajendance N.I.
- At C.S. Lewis Square there will be; Music by DJ Dave Ralston, Face Painting by Funky Fun and more
- More at
The Grimm Hotel at Cityside
- Cahoots NI have a reservation in your name, but be warned, this is no ordinary hotel!
- Check in upon arrival and your personal bellhop will help you choose from 210 equally Grimm suites.
- The decision will be yours, but choose carefully! You will be stepping into a story hundreds of years in the making… and behind each door lies a Grimm surprise.
- 12 October - Cityside Retail and Leisure Park
- BOOK NOW HERE
Jail of Horror and Paranormal Investigation, Crumlin Road Goal
- Described as Belfast’s most fearsome scare attraction, the Jail of Horror takes one of Belfast’s most haunted buildings.
- Come face to face with scary inmates, killer clowns, witches and other ghastly ghouls.
- Meanwhile, the Paranormal Investigation tour takes visitors on a search for the spirits which many people believe still haunt the building.
- You will assist paranormal experts by conducting various experiments in the most haunted locations of the jail including the tunnel, infirmary, boiler room and hanging cell.
- More at Crumlin Road Gaol Experience