Inspiring places to nurture your mind, body and soul in Northern Ireland
Whether you fancy unwinding along the tranquil Causeway Coastal Route, blowing off some steam as you cycle off the beaten track in County Fermanagh or slowing things down in a unique herbal spa in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland is the perfect place to practice mindfulness all year round.
Electric Escape, Belcoo
- Enjoy some time off the beaten track via a top-of-the range electric mountain bike as you embrace a new adventure and join an exhilarating guided exploration of the unspoilt wilderness of County Fermanagh. At your pace, you'll cruise across old bog roads and forest tracks, discovering hidden megalithic tombs and caves, before your route emerges to unveil sweeping views over Lough Macnean and its islands, from here, it is just a short distance to the Linnet Inn in Boho, also known as McKenzie’s. A family-run pub with welcoming turf fire, the Linnet Inn is an old coach house and the last thatched pub in the county. Whilst there, be sure to enjoy a well-deserved hearty local speciality ‘boxty’ before the cycle home. Visit www.corralea.com.
Mussenden Unwind, Castlerock
- Upon your arrival at the stunning Downhill beach, you'll meander across the wooden walkway where the mountain meets the shore. Claire, your expert local guide, will take you to explore the ancient woodland of Downhill Forest, introducing you to parts of the forest that offer a release from the stresses of everyday life. This is nature therapy at its best. Then you'll head for a dip in the nearby Atlantic Ocean. Whether you're a keen sea swimmer, or prefer a gentle walk along the shoreline, this is your time to disconnect from the to-do lists and just enjoy being in nature. Thoroughly refreshed, you'll get wrapped up in a cosy dry robe before sitting down to a delicious, cooked meal at the iconic Mussenden Temple. Visit www.mussendenseasalt.com.
Making Your Mark on the Causeway Coast, Portrush
- Get your creative juices flowing, embrace something new and connect with the local landscapes as you join this artistic workshop, Making Your Mark on the Causeway Coast. During this unique experience, you will have the chance to create your very own masterpiece against one of Northern Ireland’s most inspiring backdrops. Artist Frankie will meet you at her studio where you will be greeted with tea and delicious homemade scones and jam. After a brief demonstration from the expert, you will collect your very own art kit and take up your position on the stunning shores of the Atlantic Ocean to begin your work of art. Once finished, warm up with a hot drink back in the studio and chat about the experience with the other guests. You won’t leave empty handed as you head home with the best of all souvenirs: the one you made yourself. Visit www.frankiecreithart.com.
Journey into Stillness, Gilford
- Journey into Stillness: A New Year wellness retreat will be running on January 21 (with more dates to follow throughout the year). Immersed in the natural surroundings of Elmfield Estate’s magnificent gardens, learn how to connect to your inner stillness with the help of a mindfulness guide. Guests are taken through a series of simple practices to reconnect with themselves, each other, and their natural environment. After an afternoon of slowing down and attuning to the rhythms of nature under the gentle care of Jane Shaw and her team, guests feel recharged. With connection to the rhythms of the natural world being an important part of your experience, the team is delighted to also offer healthy seasonal food. Visit www.elmfieldestate.com.
SOAK Seaweed Baths, Newcastle
- Soak Seaweed Bath House Spa is situated at Newcastle’s South Promenade, where the Mournes sweep down to the sea. Seaweed Baths are well known to offer some fantastic health and beauty benefits and SOAK is the only authentic bathhouse of its kind in the UK. During your visit to SOAK you will be allocated a relaxing private bathroom. This will be equipped with a Victorian roll top bath that will be prepared for you with hot seawater and seaweed. You will also have the choice of a bathroom with a hand-crafted Victorian style wooden steam cabinet or the more modern steam shower enclosure. There is also a jet spa shower in each bathroom for you to enjoy. Visitwww.soakseaweedbaths.com.
Le Jardin Luxury Day Spa, Dungannon
- Le Jardin Spa at The Linen Green is a bold new concept which combines the best that herbal and traditional spa therapies have to offer. With advanced technology, guests will be sure to receive the best that botanical treatment and science has to offer in a luxury spa environment. The concept is to aid relaxation, beauty and well-being by delivering the highest standard of therapy by a team of globally sourced spa professionals. Set within the idyllic Linen Green in Moygashel, Le Jardin is the ideal place to escape daily pressure, unwind and recharge. Visit www.lejardinspas.com.
For more information on great places to nurture your mind, body and soul in Northern Ireland visit www.discovernorthernireland.com