We recently embarked Oceania Nautica for a 10 night cruise from Barcelona to the Canary Islands.
Nautica is a beautiful small ship experience, with a double occupancy guest capacity of 670. And with a recent refurbishment (Oceania promote the Nautica as better than new) you’d never imagine the ship itself is over 20 years old as every inch of it is in perfect condition. Every surface of every stateroom is entirely new and finished in a sophisticated and contemporary style. The public spaces on the ship have been refreshed with new furnishings and decor with subtle colours of the sea and sky. It’s a beautiful ship.
Small ship cruising with a great crew to passenger ratio means you receive a level of attention from the crew that you won’t get on a larger cruise.
Cruising on smaller ships is a luxurious experience; from the moment you arrive to embark you are swept through everything quickly. There aren’t any long queues, no hanging around, no hassle, just a quick and efficient boarding process and within minutes you’re on board and heading to your stateroom before exploring your home for the next week or so.
Why cruise with Oceania?
- The finest cuisine at sea
- Small luxurious ships
- You always feel like your coming home
- The Simple More promotion offers, free airfare, free transfers, free excursions, free champagne and wine, free speciality dining, free unlimited WiFi.
The Canaries are perfect to visit at any time of the year and cruising is the best way to maximise your experience and see as much as possible.
Excursions worth experiencing
- View the desolate yet strangely beautiful landscapes of volcanic Timanfaya National Park.
- Hear a modern recording of a priest’s diary describing the volcanic eruptions he witnessed in the 1730s.
- Sample superb malvasia wines produced in the island’s dry, volcanic soil using a distinctive technique.
Top tip: Visit the stunning Timanfaya National Park on a tour. If you go on your own in a hire car you could be waiting in a queue for quite a while.
Historical Santa Cruz & Tapas Tasting
A fascinating guided walking tour of Santa Cruz’s historical landmarks and terrific tapas for lunch.
- See the classic Baroque edifice of the lovely Church of San Francisco.
- Appreciate Teatro Guimerá, the oldest theater in the Canary Islands.
- Taste a mouthwatering array of local tapas and wine at an authentic bodega in the old town.
- Enjoy time on your own to roam through Santa Cruz or take a guided walk back to the harbor.
Walking tour at the Top of the Rock, Gibraltar
- Ride to the top of The Rock via a thrilling cable car suspended high above Gibraltar.
- Enjoy a summit ramble offering stunning views.
- Visit St. Michael’s Cave, to be awed by a stunning light show projected onto the same stalagmites and stalactites the Romans admired.
- Observing a troop of playful Barbary macaques up-close.
- Visit the famous Great Siege Tunnel complex.