CentreParcs arrived in the centre of Ireland in 2019 to a massive fanfare of celebration. The Longford holiday park is 90 minutes from both Dublin to the east coast and Galway to the west coast in Ireland’s Hidden heartlands. Belfast to the north is 2 hours 40 minutes and Cork to the south is 2 hours 50 by car.
There are 3 options when booking, a Monday to Friday weekday break, and a Friday to Monday weekend break, or a full 7 night break, with multiple accommodation options from an apartment, to a 2 bedroom lodge to large luxury family lodges with hot tubs and games rooms. Prices vary hugely throughout the year depending on the season and on the accommodation you choose.
Everything is slick and organised, right from the moment you book, until you arrive on site, and while you are there. You are kept well informed of everything at all times; we even had a call saying we needed a tile replaced on the roof of our lodge and would it ok to fix it around 9.30am the following day.
You arrive, check-in from the comfort of your car, you’re given a time to go to your lodge, you head to the carpark and your holiday begins. The cycle hire is just across from the carpark, if you’ve hired a bike, head straight over and start exploring.
From that point on you’re on your own to create the dream activity based holiday, or maybe you want something relaxing.
- Hire a bike or bring your own. It’s much easier to get around, as cars aren’t allowed at the lodges except for loading when you arrive and depart.
- Bring your own food if you want a self catering experience, but if you forget anything there’s a great Parc Market to stock up.
- Treat yourself to a meal in one of the 4 restaurants; Rajinda Pradesh, Bella Italia, Cara's Kitchen and Bar, Huck's American Bar and Grill. Other dining options include the Sports Café, the Pancake House, a coffee shop, and a meal delivery service straight your lodge.
- Have fun in Ireland’s largest indoor water park. With 3 exhilarating water slides, a lazy river, wild water rapids, hot tubs and a wave pool you’ll have the best time. It’s open daily from 10am-9pm. The least busy time is after 5pm.
- There are plenty of activities. A Zipline over the lake, kayaking (and more) on the lake, archery, ten pin bowling, adventure golf, falconry, fencing, Discovery Trails, Red Squirrel adventure and much much more!
- The Aqua Sana Spa is stunning and very relaxing. Get a massage or treatment, then head into the spa to relax in the themed areas or sit outside amongst the trees. There are 21 nature inspired experiences to relax, refresh and renew.
- Have a bbq on the terrace of your lodge, there’s a built unit to place your disposable BBQ on. They sell bbq kits in the shop.
- In your kitchen there is a microwave, oven, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, and sink. Centerparcs supply you with all the cooking and serving bits n pieces you’ll need, a little bit of washing up liquid, and a few dishwasher tablets. They also supply towels in your bathroom but not toiletries.
- Your lodge has heating, but you can buy smoke free logs from the ParcMarket for your lodge fire.
It’s a place to escape and feel free in. The car free environment is bliss, it makes the whole complex feel safe to cycle around during your stay. Cycling to a restaurant for dinner is the way we should all be living life, and the large cycle parking areas close to the Square mean you’ll always have space to park.
The water park is fantastic and exhilarating; the waterslides are fast and will leave you buzzing. The kids will love it. So will you!
But for us it was all about getting back to basics, to relax, to recharge and to have fun. Where in the world can you sit and watch red squirrels play in the forest from your lounge?
We highly recommend!