Van Morrison once said, ‘You’ve Got to Go Where the Love is’ and for anyone planning on popping the question this Valentine’s Day, Northern Ireland has some stunning locations that provide a beautiful backdrop, perfect for that special person in your life to say, ‘I do’.
Even if you’re past that ‘Crazy Love’ stage and you simply want to say to your other half, ‘Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?’, there are so many places across Northern Ireland, ideal for sparking romance.
From the majesty of the Mourne Mountains in County Down to the solitude of County Tyrone’s Davagh Forest (perfect for a Moondance) or the breath-taking views along the Causeway Coastal Route, there are so many locations and experiences to create special memories with loved ones.
With the countdown to Valentine’s Day underway, there is no time like the present to get planning for your special trip. To help inspire you, Discover Northern Ireland has compiled this list of romantic experiences and locations to visit this year.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Country Londonderry and County Antrim
Giant’s Eye View, Cutting Edge Helicopter Tours, City of Derry Airport (West Apron)
- A proposal should leave you walking on air – although that can be difficult. Cutting Edge Helicopters’ enthralling tour is the next best thing. On this 60-minute flight experience, you’ll enjoy stunning aerial views and the picturesque scenery of the Causeway Coastal Route including the spectacular Downhill Beach, Mussenden Temple, the Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, as well as various filming locations from the iconic series, Game of Thrones®. Visit www.cuttingedgehelicopters.com
Blackwell House, Scarva
- Enjoy a romantic break that will last a lifetime at the 5* Blackwell House in Scarva. Nestled in the County Armagh hills, immersed in quiet beautiful countryside, you will find the perfect getaway for you and your loved one. Select from an array of fantastic offers and packages available on their website and don’t forget about their scrumptious five-course Afternoon Tea. Book a break HERE.
Glenariff Nature Reserve Waterfalls Walk
- ‘Exquisitely spectacular’ is how one reviewer described the stunning waterfalls at Glenariff Nature Reserve. From Glenariff Forest Park follow the way marked trail (Waterfall Walk) down the steps, along the boardwalks through Glenariff Nature Reserve. Walk through the river gorge and view the famous waterfalls. No matter what time of year you visit, the waterfalls never fail to impress and provide the perfect backdrop for a couples photo or a picnic for two. Visit https://discovernorthernireland.com/things-to-do/glenariff-nature-reserve-waterfalls-walk-p695591
OM Dark Sky Park and Observatory, Omagh
- Experience the wonders of the night sky with the person who means the most to you. OM Dark Sky Park and Observatory in Davagh Forest is the perfect place to look at the stars and see how they shine for you! A lack of light pollution at Davagh Forest means the night sky is at its darkest – and at its best to really see the stars. Here you will experience unrivalled and wondrous views of the night sky, one of only 78 places around the globe with official International Dark Sky accreditation. What could be more romantic than that? Visit www.omdarksky.com
Lough Navar Magho Cliffs Walk, Derrygonnelly
- Pick a clear day and the views from the top are mesmerising. Magho Cliffs Walk is a 5.5-mile-long limestone escarpment dominating the southern shore and skyline of Lower Lough Erne on the northern edge of Lough Navar Forest. Take the forest path leading to the left as it will take you across the top of Magho Cliffs offering great panoramic views of the surrounding area. At a height of 300m, the viewpoint offers a bird’s eye view across Lower Lough Erne, far into counties Fermanagh, Sligo, Tyrone, and Donegal and even as far as the Wild Atlantic Way. A perfect place to make special memories with a loved one. Visit www.cuilcaghlakelands.org
Treetop Spa, The Old Inn, Crawfordsburn
- A haven of tranquillity and relaxation, the Treetop Spa at the Old Inn is a luxurious and exclusive experience. Perched above Crawfordsburn Country Park, the new Treetop Spa offers guests unrivalled forest views for a peaceful rural retreat. Begin your spa journey by enjoying hot outdoor bathing in the pool and hot tub, followed by a unique shower experience to awaken your senses with sounds and aromas transporting you to a tropical rain forest. Detoxify and cleanse the body and mind in the sauna and steam room and unwind on heated marble loungers.
Book a break HERE.
For more information on great experiences and places to celebrate love in Northern Ireland visit www.discovernorthernireland.com