Northern Ireland has an abundance of locations and experiences perfect for nourishing the body, mind and soul, helping us step off the hamster wheel and finding peace and relaxation.
Discover Northern Ireland has compiled the following list of places, which caters to a wide range of budgets, to help you find the perfect place for your silent escape.
- Hewn from majestic Canadian cedar, the unique log cabins on offer at Aurora North Coast on the outskirts of Bushmills come complete with wood burners, supersized beds, outdoor hot tubs and private verandas. Suitable for children 12+ and with views of Rathlin Island and the Atlantic Ocean to enjoy, this accommodation offers the perfect place to embrace tranquillity and watch the sun go down on another glorious Causeway Coast evening. To book visit www.auroranorthcoast.com
- Nestled just outside the village of Markethill, Tepee Valley Campsite invites you to experience peace and quiet in a variety of accommodation options, including a traditional Native American Tepee, a log cabin, a perfectly furnished gypsy caravan and a Shepherd’s Hut. Enjoy the serenity of the exceptional views over farming countryside, the Cusher River and Slieve Gullion in the distance as you relax and make lasting memories by the fire pit or chiminea available outside each accommodation option. To book visit www.tepeevalleycampsite.co.uk
- Go beyond the ordinary at Further Space at Kinelarty near Crossgar and stay somewhere cosy, secluded, stylish and super comfortable. Perfect for embracing nature while spending quality time with your loved ones, the glamping pods at Kinelarty are fully furnished with an ensuite shower room and are spacious enough to provide for a sofa area during the day and a murphy-style Queen size bed that folds down in the evening. To book visit www.go.further.space/
- The award winning Keenaghan Cottage on the shores of Keenaghan Lough near Belleek, brings together comfort, history and style. This unique Tourism Northern Ireland 5* Irish thatched cottage has seemingly been plucked straight from a fairytale. Set within its own private grounds, enjoy unrivalled luxury, peace and tranquillity in this perfect secret escape. A haven for wildlife and pet friendly, you really will feel like you have stepped back in time to a quieter, more peaceful way of life as you relax, unwind and recharge. To book visit www.keenaghancottage.com
- Escape to an enchanting treetop lodge at Burrenmore Nest in the heart of Downhill Demesne Forest Estate. Be captivated by the forest views as your gaze out of the panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows from these boutique forest lodges and embrace the sites and sounds of nature in the 82-hectare forest surrounding the site. Just a seven-minute walk from the Lion’s Gate entrance to Mussenden Temple, if you’ve had your fill of the forest, you can walk or drive to Downhill and Benone strand to enjoy miles and miles of sweeping sandy beaches or pop over to Castlerock for food, drink or surf. To book visit www.burrenmore-nest.com/
- Escape to Bin Mountain Self Catering in the picturesque South Sperrins – part of the Sperrin Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – and refresh and recharge surrounded by peace and comfort. This pet friendly accommodation offers captivating views of Bin Mountain and Bolaght Mountain from the property’s sunroom, where the peaceful ambience provides a tranquil haven for reading and relaxation. The location also serves as an excellent gateway to a host of walking routes for those keen to embrace nature. To book visit www.binmountain.com
To find more inspiration for your perfect silent escape visit,www.discovernorthernireland.com