The BFS: What’s happening in Belfast this week
Our top tips for things to do in Belfast this coming week.
Once Upon A Time In Belfast
- Enjoy two ‘enchanted evenings’ on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 November
- Based on this year’s Christmas theme ‘Once Upon a Time in Belfast’, visitors will be able to enjoy a dazzling array of street performances, light projections, music, dance and window animations over the weekend of 20-21 November.
- More info at https://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/OnceUponATime
C.S.Lewis Festival returns
- The ninth C.S. Lewis Festival this starts this week with themed tours, markets, exhibitions and a lot more.
- 18th – 22nd November
- More details at https://www.cslewisfestival.org/festival-schedule/
Christmas Market at the City Hall
- Saturday 20 November also marks the return of the popular Christmas Market at City Hall.
- Opening times and more details at https://visitbelfast.com/event/belfast-christmas-market-2021/
Wish Upon A Christmas Star trail
- Embrace everything magical with the Belfast One ‘Wish Upon a Christmas Star’ trail,
- 20 November – 23 December.
- A free, family friendly trail will take kids and adults around Belfast City Centre collecting clues based on fairy tale favourites.
- Answer all questions correctly to be in with the chance of winning a £250 Belfast City Centre Gift Card.
- Visit www.belfastone.co.uk
A Christmas Carol at the Grand Opera House
- Belfast Operatic Company revives their sell-out production of A Christmas Carol this week.
- This sparkling, magical and energetic musical adaptation of a classic family tale will be the perfect start to your festive season.
- Tickets at https://www.goh.co.uk/whats-on/a-christmas-carol/
Waterfront and Ulster Hall highlights
It’s a busy week at these 2 theatres!
- Grayson Perry at Waterfront Hall- 17th
- Kodaline at Waterfront Hall - 18th
- Lost in Music at Ulster Hall - 18th
- Ryan McMullan at Waterfront Hall - 19th & 20th
- James Smith Live at Ulster Hall - 21st
- More details https://www.waterfront.co.uk/what-s-on/
Coming soon to Belfast
We, Us, Them Exhibition
- Belfast Exposed launches a new taster exhibition of the project ‘We, Us, Them’ in collaboration with the Centre for Contemporary Photography in Melbourne
- Thursday 25th November - 23rd December in the Studio Gallery.
- The exhibition is supported by the UK/Australia Season and is a collaboration between the British Council and the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the Arts Council for Northern Ireland.
- The exhibition will focus on racism and how communities are viewed and stereotyped globally
- More info at https://www.belfastexposed.org/exhibitions/we-us-them-taster/
Northern Ireland’s first Cineworld opens in Belfast’s Odyssey on Friday 10th December.
- The new cinema will feature 13 state-of-the-art screens including an IMAX® Laser auditorium, a multi-sensory 4DX extreme cinema experience, and ScreenX - which is a 270-degree wrap-around screen.
- For more updates on Cineworld Belfast visit the Cineworld Belfast Facebook page and for information on Cineworld Cinemas, please visit: www.cineworld.com