The BFS: Our weekly update for what’s happening in Belfast.
Big Telly Theatre Company: Department Story
- Department Story (20-31 October), a site-specific production set in an empty retail unit on Belfast's Royal Avenue where a digital audience can collude with a physical one to shape what happens live, smashing together flash theatre and physical fiction.
In the Grand Opera House
With live gigs back on, unmissable concerts at the Grand Opera House include
- The Great Irish Songbook (21 October) with legendary folk group Dervish who will be joined by star-studded line-up of guests, including Glen Hansard, Eddi Reader, Brian Kennedy, Cara Dillon, Karen Matheson, and the Open Arts Community Choir for an unforgettable night of music.
- The Ulster Orchestra and ‘the Irish Queen of Game Music’, conductor Eímear Noone, join forces to take video game music to a symphonic level with Electric Arcade (23 October).
Belfast SoundYard OPENS
- SoundYard opens to the public on Wednesday, this is an impressive all-weather structure located on the waterside, next to the Odyssey and Abercorn Marina.
- The design and sound, activated by motion sensors, were inspired by the noise of striking metal once heard from the old shipyards.
- Throughout the year SoundYard, along with other key heritage sites on the Maritime Mile, will illuminate the waterfront.
Belfast Film Festival is ‘bringing it all back home’ this year.
- The festival welcomes home some of the our most internationally successful filmmaking talents.
- The calibre of films being screened shows that cinema is well and truly back, and in particular Irish/Northern Irish film continues to thrive.
- Join them from 4th - 13th November for 10 Days of film and special events. More at www.belfastfilmfestival.org