We’ve been to many great events and spent a lot of time in the Titanic Quarter and on the Maritime Mile. Only last month we hopped on a Belfast Bike and went on an adventure from the Big Fish right up to the Dry Dock and back, checking out the new SoundYard sculpture, the refurbished Odyssey, Titanic Belfast, the Great Light and a lot more. There’s always something happening on the Maritime Mile!
This year there are a number of milestone anniversaries happening along the route and to celebrate this a year of activities has been announced called Maritime Milestones.
Maritime Milestones aims to encourage us all to enjoy Belfast’s waterfront experience through a range of anniversaries, events, heritage and international days animating Belfast’s waterfront.
There are many ways to join in and celebrate Maritime Milestones:
- Celebrate anniversaries including Titanic Belfast’s 10th, Belfast Harbour’s 175th, St Joseph’s 150th and Lagan Search and Rescue’s 10th.
- Experience the best of local music talent with Sundays on the Maritime Mile. Look out for buskers, bands, opera, choirs popping up at different locations.
- Discover new additions launched in 2021 including SoundYard, an interactive play installation and RiverBox, an outdoor audiovisual experience.
- Explore the Maritime Mile with a range of tours and trails including Maritime Mile Treasure Trail.
- Discover the six Glass of Thrones stained glass windows, each one depicting the most iconic moments from the Game of Thrones series.
- Hop on a Belfast Bike and explore the Maritime Mile. Docking stations are located at Odyssey, SS Nomadic, Titanic Walkway, Donegall Quay and Corporation Square
- See the illumination of the Great Light and SoundYard to mark key international dates throughout 2022 including World Maritime Day, 29th September.
- Budding photographers can book a place on an interactive photo tour jam-packed with history and sights to see. Or visit a photographic exhibition celebrating The People that built Titanic as part of Titanic Belfast’s 10th anniversary.
For all details and further information visit www.maritime-mile.com.