Tourism Ireland has gifted its six ‘Glass of Thrones’ stained-glass windows to Maritime Belfast Trust and they are now on permanent display in the Titanic Quarter’s Maritime Mile.
The beautifully crafted windows were installed around Belfast back in 2019 – to showcase and celebrate Northern Ireland as ‘Game of Thrones® Territory’ to millions of fans of the TV series around the world. The windows – which each depicted a key House from the show – marked a decade of filming and production in Northern Ireland and the installation was timed to coincide with the broadcast of the final season. The campaign – called ‘Glass of Thrones’ – was created by Tourism Ireland and Tourism NI, in partnership with HBO.
The ‘Glass of Thrones’ installation on the Maritime Mile will be an important new attraction for fans of the hit TV series visiting Belfast and Northern Ireland. Tourism Ireland will take every opportunity to promote the ‘Glass of Thrones’ in Belfast’s Maritime Mile, as well as our Game of Thrones® filming locations, in its promotions around the world.
Glass of Thrones route
- The first stained-glass window is located on the waterfront outside the AC Hotel.
- Walk across the Lagan Weir footbridge and you’ll soon spot the blood red Baratheon window.
- Next you’ll find the Targaryen window outside the Odyssey
- Then on to the White Walkers window outside SS Nomadic, tender ship to Titanic, and close to the historic Drawing Offices.
- Next is the Iron Throne window at the end of the Titanic Slipway
- Finally at HMS Caroline is The Lannister window
Find out more about the new Glass of Thrones route here.