Festival of Fools is back in Belfast
Ireland’s largest comedy and street festival returns to Belfast from April 29th – May 2nd 2022 offering four days of jam-packed, all-inclusive entertainment for the whole family at various locations across Belfast City, and with all daytime shows free to attend, this is a festival you don’t want to miss!
Returning for the first time in three years due to the global pandemic, Festival of Fools delivers its strongest programme yet, with the best local and international circus and street art talent taking over the city streets across the Bank Holiday Weekend and for the first time includes FoF After Hours (Adults Only Show!)
Highlights from this year’s festival include:
- Highly skilled aerial work in the form of Compañia Depáso, a duo from Italy and Chile who will be performing in Writers’ Square
- Mind-blowing juggling from Grant Goldie and Simon Llewellyn,
- Award winning clowning from Italian Matteo Galbusera,
- PanGottic’s internationally renowned blend of inventions and circus will bring us a rickety contraption to fling balls in the air.
- Sam Goodwin, British Freestyle Unicycling Champion.
- Sin City Sideshow will be throwing knives and
- Paul Currie will be throwing shapes in his new, specially created for FoF piece, Shtoom!.
- Paul will be joined by Punk goddesses Snatch Circus and trapeze artist extraordinaire Christopher McAuley for FoF After Hours, an evening of edgy contemporary circus for grown-ups happening at Circusful on Sunday 1st May.
- In short, there’s a lot on, come and join in.
For the full Festival of Fools programme of events please visit; www.foolsfestival.com