Eye on NI: What’s on in April
10 years of Titanic Belfast
- The People Who Built Titanic Belfast, a special photography exhibition to mark the 10th birthday of Northern Ireland’s leading tourist attraction
- Titanic Belfast is also hosting a Birthday Bash with an exciting programme of activity from Thursday 31st March – Sunday 3rd April with something for everyone including hot air balloon and kite show displays, live music, face painting and a candlelight display on Titanic Slipways.
- There will also be a series of Titanic Talks covering a variety of topics from the architectural design of Titanic Belfast’s spectacular building to the real-life stories of Titanic descendants.
- For further information on the Titanic Birthday Bash and The People Who Built Titanic Belfastexhibition go to http://www.titanicbelfast.com/
Festival of Fire and Light will see Banbridge light up
- Offering something for all the family, the Festival of Fire and Light will see Banbridge town centre light up with an exhilarating three-day programme featuring bespoke workshops, storytelling, circus and street theatre, comedy and music.
- Solitude Park will host free family fun, art installations and fire performances and
- The festival will conclude with a talk from the legendary Sir Ranulph Fiennes about his life and adventures.
- April 21st - 23rd 2022
- More details at https://thebelfasttimes.com/blogs/news/firelightfest22
It’ll Never Happen Here! : A Belfast Blitz Experience
- AMAZE in W5
- A new immersive theatre production in association with award-winning writer and director Dan Gordon, that will tell the story of the Belfast Blitz.
- Selected evenings from 9 – 23 April.
- Tickets are priced £10 plus booking fees.
- Visit www.w5online.co.uk to book
Easter Duck Trail at Castle Espie
- Pick up a trail card and crack the clues to find the bright yellow, cheeky ducks that are hiding around the wetlands and win prizes!
- THU 14 - SUN 24 APRIL
- Book now :https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/castle-espie/whats-on/easter-duck-trail-28
Garden Show Ireland returns
- Northern Ireland’s leading gardening event, Garden Show Ireland, is back.
- Antrim Castle Gardens
- Friday 29th April until Sunday 1st May.
- A courtesy shuttle bus will operate from the Enkalon and The Junction between 10.15am and 6.15pm each day.
- Tickets cost £10 and can be purchased online at https://gardenshowireland.com
Cristal Palace by Transe Express
- Belfast International Arts Festival gifts the city as it celebrates its milestone 60th year with a FREE event
- Cristal Palace by Transe Express will see a gigantic chandelier transform Titanic Paddocks, adjacent to Titanic Slipways on the Maritime Mile, into an open-air ballroom complete with an airborne orchestra, aerial acrobats and sharp-witted characters.
- 23rd and 24th April
- Some FREE tickets still available for the 24th at belfastinternationalartsfestival.com.
Exhibition at The Mac
- Claire Barclay: Thrum
- Claire Barclay is a visual artist recognised for producing large-scale sculptural installations created in response to specific contexts. Her works are immersive sensory experiences that explore our interactions with materials and functionality, by combining formal elements that evoke thinking around the “psychological relationships between human beings and the objects that we live with and produce.”
- All galleries
- 14 April - 3 July 2022
- More at https://themaclive.com/exhibition/claire-barclay-thrum1
Ards International Guitar Festival is Back
- Guitar fans will be delighted with the eclectic programme of guitar-inspired gigs, guitar clinics, a film screening and a stunning photography exhibition by Stuart Bailie.
- 7th-10th April.
- Tickets for the 2022 Ards International Guitar Festival on sale now from www.ardsguitarfestival.co.uk
Hollywood Bowl arrives in Belfast
- Ten pin bowling fans can look forward to a taste of Tinsel Town.
- Hollywood Bowl to open at Belfast’s Odyssey complex on 14th April.
- Enjoy 20 state of the art bowling lanes, including four plush VIP lanes, as well as high-tech scoring and an American-style diner for the true Hollywood experience