Eye on NI: What’s happening this week in NI
Keeping an Eye On NI and what’s on.
Belfast International Arts Festival continues apace with a lot happening including a few cracker gigs in the Grand Opera House in Belfast.
The City of Derry Choir Festival is about ready to start with a 5 day calendar of events.
And Cinemagic continues to bring movie magic to its young audience at a location near you.
Belfast International Arts Festival (Until 7 Nov)
- Now in its 59th year, Northern Ireland’s largest contemporary arts festival promises a compelling programme of drama and dance, topical talks with the authors behind the latest literary releases, classical music, toe-tapping folk and roots, affecting independent film and contemporary visual arts.
- To book, visit BelfastInternationalArtsFestival.com or call the Box Office on 028 9024 6609.
City of Derry International Choir Festival (20-23 Oct)
- Celebrating its ninth successful year, the festival will feature a mix of digital and in-person events, as the festival once again boasts a variety of performances in venues across the city.
- The line-up includes performances from Grammy Award-winners Chanticleer, critically acclaimed vocal ensemble Tenebrae, as well as the return of award-winning Derry chamber choir, Codetta.
- For more information on the festival, and to book tickets please visit: https://www.derrychoirfest.com/
Cinemagic Internationaltt Film Festival for Young People (Until 31 Oct)
- The festival continues its month-long programme of events for families, schools, young adults, and young filmmakers in cinemas and online! Download Programme
- The festival’s return to venues includes Belfast’s UIster Museum, Odeon Cinemas and Queen’s Film Theatre.
- The Cinemagic’s streaming platform will play a significant part in screening the festival’s world cinema programme, with brand new titles for all ages to enjoy, and a catalogue of films released weekly.
- More info at https://cinemagic.org.uk