Autumn activities in Ards & North Down
Ards and North Down Borough Council’s Arts and Heritage Autumn Programme is here!
The exciting schedule of events, exhibitions, classes and workshops, covers the September to December period.
Highlights from the latest line-up include:
- Aspects Festival which is taking place from 22 September – 2 October and presents another packed programme celebrating Irish writing. Renowned for showcasing well-known authors as well as local and emerging talent, the Festival offers 30 events celebrating history, politics, sport, crime-writing and poetry as well as book launches, writing workshops, discussions and more.
- Kids will love The Enchanted House of Puppetry at Ards Arts Centre on 30 and 31 October, where lots of friendly puppets will ensure they have a truly enchanting experience. With shows by Banyan and Clydebuilt Theatre and an appearance by Aloisious Ginderbalm the Troll, it’s sure to be a fun event!
- The popular Friday Night Live series at Ards Arts Centre returns in September
- Enjoy live music in the beautiful surroundings of Bangor Castle with Music in The Chamber.
- Dyad Productions will perform their magnificent Female Gothic at the Space Theatre SERC on 27 October
- The Ulster Consort will bring their Ceremony of Carols performance to Bangor Abbey on 1 December.
Creative Classes at Ards Arts Centre
Ards Arts Centre’s next round of Creative Classes are open for booking. Choose from drawing, painting, floral art, guitar and more! The popular Outreach Programme also returns for a new term with creative classes taking place at various locations across the Borough.
North Down Museum
There’s lots happening at North Down Museum this Autumn too with a very busy exhibition schedule including a special display examining the life of Viscount Castlereagh. The exhibition which runs from 7 September – 20 November explores this fascinating yet controversial figure to mark the 200th anniversary of his death.
The Museum is also delighted to welcome back the Made in AND: Pop-Up Christmas Shop. From 23 November to 8 January, the Museum’s galleries will be filled with beautiful hand-made products from local artists and makers. The perfect place to get that special gift and support local artists.
View the full Autumn programme and book tickets at: www.andculture.org.uk