10 things to do in Northern Ireland
Here are ten exciting things taking place 28th November – 4th December 2022
- Hillsborough Castle and Gardens Light Trail, Hillsborough, County Down, 1st December –1st January. Gather friends and family for an after dark illuminated trail experience like no other. You’ll be blown away as over a million twinkling lights and festive sounds fill the grounds of the historic gardens, not to mention the giant baubles, tunnels of light and fire garden. There’ll be no shortage of talented independent food vendors present so make sure to leave room for some delicious treats.
- Todd’s Leap Christmas Experience, Ballygawley, County Tyrone, 1st – 22ndDecember (on selected dates see website).Bring your little ones to Todd's Leap this Christmas where Santa's mischievous little elves are wreaking havoc. While visiting this winter wonderland, the children can write and post a letter to the man himself, help the elves in the workshop and even meet Mr & Mrs Claus before choosing a present to go home with.
- Cinderella, Derry~Londonderry, 1stDecember – 2nd January. Don't miss the timeless fairytale Cinderella at the Millennium Forum, Derry~Londonderry. As part of their inclusive programme, there'll be sign language performance options as well as relaxed/dementia friendly options to ensure everyone can enjoy this festive favourite.
- Aladdin Panto, Belfast, 25th November – 31stDecember. There’s no adventure quite like it. Aladdin in The Waterfront Hall promises to be a show like no other. Will he and Princess Jasmine end up happily ever after? Get ready to go on a journey as you and your loved ones experience one of the greatest stories ever told with a stellar cast and production.
- Christmas at Marble Arch Caves, Florencecourt, County Fermanagh, 3rd – 5thDecember. There are a selection of events in the unique location of the UNESCO Global Geopark, including Foraging, Christmas Wreath Making and a Christmas Elf Escape through the woodland. Enjoy a fabulous 10% off your purchases throughout the weekend in their gift shop and relax in their Café with some homemade Christmas treats.
- Festive Afternoon Tea at Titanic Belfast,Belfast, 4th, 11th & 18th December. Step back in time to a period of luxury, elegance and five-star service with Titanic Belfast's special Festive Afternoon Tea. Set in the opulent surroundings of the Titanic Suite featuring the stunning Grand Staircase and live jazz music, the Festive Afternoon Tea is an experience not to be missed.
- Christmas Fair at The Argory, Moy, County Armagh, 3rd – 4th December. The festive period is not complete without a visit to the annual Christmas Fair at The Argory. Featuring a variety of local craft, food and drink stalls, as well as festive traditional entertainment. Soak up the wonderful atmosphere and see the house decorated for Christmas. Families will also have the chance to meet Santa and his elves in the grotto.
- Festive Afternoon Tea at Castle Coole,Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, 3rd & 10thDecember. Experience festive afternoon tea at Castle Coole, relaxing by the open fire and taking in a tour of the National Trust mansion. There is also a children’s Christmas baking and decorating workshop.
- Christmas Artisan Market at Castle Ward, Strangford, County Down, 2nd – 4thDecember. Arrive in the theatre space and stable yard where you will find a handpicked selection of local designers/makers and food vendors showcasing their work and locally produced products. The stable yard will be dressed in Georgian style with Christmas lights, accompanied by living history actors telling you the stories of those who called Castle Ward home during the 18th century.
- Walled City Market at Christmas,Derry~Londonderry, 3rd December and 16th– 18th December. Unwrap the magic of Christmas this year with a trip to the Walled City Markets this December. Nestled in the Guildhall Square, the markets will offer unique handmade crafts, mouth-watering local artisan food and scrumptious, tasty treats.
Booking is essential for most activities. Book in advance to avoid disappointment. Subject to availability.
For more information on what’s on or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit https://discovernorthernireland.com/christmas