The Ginger Vegan Cookbook: My go to Cookies
This is my go to cookie recipe for vegan cookies. I made them this morning in about 20 minutes for our picnic. They only take 10 minutes to cook, use only 5 ingredients plus whatever you want to add for flavouring and taste delicious!
Here you go!
- 250g vegan butter block (I use @bakewithstork )
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 400g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional ingredients: 100g chopped chocolate, 2 tsp vanilla extract, sprinkles)
- Pop the butter in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Mix the sugars into the butter then add in the flour, salt and any other flavourings.
- Mix well.
- Scoop out small handfuls of the mixture, form into a ball, place on a lined baking tray and flatten with your hand.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Once cool store in an airtight container.