Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Butter Cream
Who loves muffins?
These muffins are so easy to make and totally delicious to eat!
For the Cake:
2 large eggs
120g butter, melted and cooled
240g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
pinch of salt
For the Icing:
170g unsalted butter (room temperature)
350g icing sugar
40g cocoa powder
Pre heat the oven to 3 or 4D Hot air (Fan) 190 °
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a bowl whisk the eggs. Beat the melted butter and buttermilk.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the sugar and stir well with a whisk to get rid of any lumps. Make a well in the centre and then fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or the baked muffins will be tough.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with muffin mix using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from tin. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing. Beat the butter until soft. Add the sifted icing sugar and cocoa powder. Beat slowly adding a little milk to geta soft fluffy consistency.
- Load into a piping bag and use to pip over the muffins.
TEA TOWEL IS OUR OWN.. available to order HERE
This recipe was part of a Bake Along With Bosch event.
Register for future events at www.bosch-home.ie/bake Everyone who registers will receive an email in advance confirming the recipe and required ingredients and utensils so that they can be prepared on the day.