From decadent table settings, quirky themes or relaxing retreats, Northern Ireland’s Afternoon Tea scene ‘takes the cake’. Whether you are planning a catchup with friends, booking a children’s tea party or craving the chance to just sit back and relax with a glass of prosecco in hand, look no further.
Afternoon Tea in Montalto House with Tour, County Down
- Feel like a Georgian guest at Montalto House. Your visit will begin with a great warm welcome and an introduction to the rich history of Montalto Estate. Then, in the exquisite Drawing Room you will enjoy an elegant traditional Afternoon Tea. This will include a selection of delicate finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones and a variety of handcrafted miniature pastries and sweet treats. These will be enjoyed with carefully selected loose leaf tea or freshly brewed coffee, alongside a selection of homemade delights created by the estate’s pastry team. Following this, a guided tour will allow you to explore the grandeur of the 18th century Georgian mansion along with the many wonderful stories, from past and present. Next availabilities for the experience to be announced on the website: https://montaltoestate.com/, at £35 per person. Private group bookings are also available.
A Peculiar Tea, Belfast
- Chef Gemma Austin is known to her friends as a female Peter Pan. Gemma loves the magic of children's imaginations and uses food to make her guests feel a sense of nostalgia and playfulness. This is also clear in the unique Afternoon Tea offering you will find at this inventive restaurant on Tuesday – Saturday 12:00-3:00pm. Not like any Afternoon Tea you’ve had before, the experience includes themed sweet treats, sandwiches and scones. The costs are £35 per person sharing, or £45 per person sharing with a glass of prosecco or cocktail included. Also, a Peculiar Tea is offering a children's Afternoon Tea for £20 per child under 16. 48 hour notice must be given for Afternoon Tea as everything is made fresh. To book visit, https://a-peculiar-tea.com/.
Corick House Hotel and Spa (4*), County Tyrone
- In the heart of the Clogher Valley, the idyllic Corick House Hotel and Spa (4*) does history with a decidedly modern flourish, offering a haven of tranquillity and a very relaxing Afternoon Tea experience. A selection of gourmet sandwiches, breads, scones, seasonal berry preserve and Irish clotted cream await you here, along with an assortment of home-baked cakes and pastries – and specialty teas, coffee or a glass of Prosecco. Served Monday to Sunday, 12:30-3:30pm. Traditional Afternoon Tea from £23 and sparkling Afternoon Tea from £28. After you've savoured every last drop of the experience, keep the relaxation going with a trip to the Corick House Hotel Spa. To book, visit https://www.corickcountryhouse.com/.
The Bakehouse, County Londonderry
- If you’re looking for something quirky, check out Bronagh’s Gypsy Caravan Luxury Afternoon Tea and demo. In this experience you will enjoy an Afternoon Tea demo lasting around 45 mins before having the opportunity to enjoy it in Bronagh’s Gypsy Caravan afterwards. You’ll love watching Bronagh make buttermilk scones from her recipe and other seasonal delights for the 5-course Afternoon Tea in her own Bakehouse kitchen. Menu consists of a small savoury starter, scones served with cream and homemade jam, cake of the day, mini desserts and a cheese course (vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free options available). £40 per person and max 4 (minimum 2) people per class. Various dates available for booking online, https://bakehouseni.com/.
Afternoon Tea & Walking Tour Armagh, County Armagh
- Work up an appetite, as you start the experience on a walking tour accompanied by your own personal Tour Guide who will delve into the history and heritage of the Cathedral City of Armagh. Then off to Armagh City Hotel, where you will savour a delicious Afternoon Tea prepared by one of the top Head Chefs in Northern Ireland. The fantastic menu includes a selection of open & finger sandwiches, Head Chef’s Ulster Buttermilk scones and homemade shortbread and you must leave room for Armagh Bramley Apple & vanilla cream mousse. These are just a few of the choices on the Afternoon Tea Tour, which are accompanied by tastings of Long Meadow cider or apple juice produced in Orchards less than 10 miles from Armagh City and a welcome cup of tea or coffee. £45 per person for your Afternoon Tea plus a two-hour guided tour. These tours can be booked any afternoon except Sunday and suit a small group of family and/or friends. They must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. To book, visit https://www.donnafoxtours.com/tour/afternoon-tea-walking-tour-armagh/.
Lough Erne Resort (5*), County Fermanagh
- Served on the world-famous local Belleek Pottery China collection, enjoy an afternoon with family and friends in the luxurious comfort of The Catalina. The enticing selection of finger sandwiches, divine patisseries, freshly baked scones served with fresh home-made preserves and clotted cream make Afternoon Tea at Lough Erne Resort a truly indulgent experience. Elevate your traditional Afternoon Tea experience with a glass of Champagne or try their G & Tea, Chocolate Afternoon Tea, or Vegan Afternoon Tea experiences. Or if you're looking for a memorable day with the kids, look out for Swans on Castle Hume Lough, while enjoying a special ‘children’s’ Afternoon Tea in The Catalina Restaurant. Prices for adult Afternoon Tea start at £27.50 and £15 for children. Afternoon Tea is served Monday to Saturday in The Catalina from 1:00pm – 3:00pm. To book, call, +44 (0)28 6632 3230.
For more information on amazing accommodation around every corner, mouth-watering food and drink, epic activities for everyone and much more, check out your giant guide to short breaks herewww.discovernorthernireland.com/featured-pages/your-giant-guide-to-short-