Our first Cruise News update of 2024 sees the amazing looking Icon of the Seas arrive in Miami, a Eurovision sponsorship and much more.
The new year is kicking off with an iconic celebration. Royal Caribbean International’s highly anticipated Icon of the Seas recently took centre stage as it arrived in Miami for the first time.
- The first-of-its-kind combination of the best of every vacation was welcomed with fanfare by air, land and sea, ahead of its official debut on Jan. 27.
- Icon arrived to PortMiami in style, with celebratory fireboat salutes, banner planes in flight and a community celebration at Pérez Art Museum to mark the new vacation’s first appearance of many to come in the Magic City.
- With the introduction of the world’s best family vacation days away, Icon will continue making its final preparations in Miami ahead of an iconic naming celebration and first cruise.
Royal Caribbean International has joined forces with the world’s largest live music event, the Eurovision Song Contest.
- As an Official Partner for 2024 and 2025, Royal Caribbean will bring to life a wide range of moments and experiences, throughout the event, host-city promotion and more.
- The new collaboration will debut ahead of the upcoming 68th Eurovision Song Contest that will be held in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden, in May 2024, and broadcast in the 37 participating countries with millions more watching online.
- This will also mark the start of Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated European season with six award-winning ships sailing from eight cities across the continent and visiting a line-up of landmark destinations.
Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, is ringing in the New Year by offering savings of up to 50% off per stateroom on a vast array of destination-immersive voyages.
- This unrivalled offer is available on 112 sailings in 2024 and 2025 for bookings made now through February 29, 2024.
- The New Year Sale features itineraries in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Alaska, Canada and New England, and South America, ranging from seven to 32 days in length.
- On top of this the line has introduced pre-paid gratuities on all UK & Ireland bookings from January 1, 2024, building yet further on its simplyMORE value promise.
Oceania Riviera will explore the continents of Africa and Asia at the end of 2024, and into 2025 with three brand new itineraries.
- The jewel of these itineraries is a once-in-a-lifetime 59-day Grand Voyage which offers guests the opportunity to explore truly off-the-beaten path ports across Africa and Asia.
- Riviera will sail from Barcelona, call at the Canary Islands, before heading down the western coast of Africa with days at sea punctuating enticing ports in Senegal, Gambia, Ghana and an overnight stay in Walvis Bay, Namibia.
- At the journey’s most southern point, guests will enjoy an overnight stay in Cape Town before heading up the eastern coast via Madagascar, for an overnight stay in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania; and then across to the Seychelles, Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, before the journey culminates in an overnight stay in Singapore.
- Visit OceaniaCruises.com for more information
Create magical memories closer to home with a UK/Ireland cruise on NCL
- Join the Norwegian Star in Portsmouth and cruise the full coastline of the island of Ireland. This 10 day cruise stops in Waterford, Cobh, Dingle, Galway, Killybegs, Belfast and Dublin.
- Cruise the British Isles on the Norwegian Dawn from Southampton. This cruise stops on both Belfast and Londonderry/Derry.
- Visit www.ncl.com for more details
Three celebrated British TV personalities - John Torode, Lisa Faulkner, and Gennaro Contaldo - have been announced as the first of the culinary stars line-up for Princess Cruises' inaugural Good Food Show at Sea.
- The line recently revealed the new partnership with Immediate Media Live to bring the renowned Good Food Show to the seas on Sky Princess.
- Husband and wife duo Torode and Faulkner, both of MasterChef fame, and Contaldo, known as the man that taught Jamie Oliver the ways of Italian cuisine, are the first of an esteemed line-up of foodies that have signed on to bring flare and flavour to the sea.
- The event takes place November 2-16 aboard the luxurious 3,660-guest Sky Princess and will inspire guests and gourmands with cooking demonstrations, tutored tastings, cocktail classes, hands-on workshops, and more.